Barefoot Media Ministries
Station Representative Job Description
Station Representatives are the “face with the place” for Barefoot Media Ministries radio stations, leading them into the community and living out the mission both on air and by being the liaison with the community.
Classification: Full Time Salaried
Reports to: President, Program Director, and Development Director
Barefoot Media Ministries Mission, Core Values, and Strategy:
Barefoot Media Ministries exists to move people to experience God living inside them, stirring in them His passion to change the world.
Barefoot Media Ministries strives to live by these core values:
- We encounter God first, alone and together, and ask Him to lead our to-do lists.
- We tackle each project as God’s work, always with excellence, expecting miracles.
- We value each other as God does, supportively working, playing, risking, and growing together.
- We model God’s character both personally and professionally.
- We respect God’s finances, honoring the trust of those who give to His cause.
- We share our resources, time, and influence with other ministries and the world.
As a part of the Idaho Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Barefoot Media Ministries shares its evangelistic mission. However, Barefoot Media Ministries partners with all Christian churches in the areas it serves. It partners in the Idaho Conference’s vision by:
- Building relational bridges by serving side-by-side with others in the community.
- Providing on-air support for Adventist events that are appropriate for BFMM’s target audience.
- Connecting interested listeners with The Experience through its pastor, who is also the station chaplain, for a next step in spiritual growth.
- Challenging the conference to take seriously the responsibility to make Adventist churches relevant and welcoming to BFMM’s listeners.
- Anticipating working to integrate the BFMM mission with the Idaho Conference mission and vision as it develops.
- Barefoot Media Ministries is first of all a radio station group. Its focus is not on building a network, but in building community based radio stations that are a part of the fabric of the community. These stations are supported by the Barefoot Media Ministries main studios, located in the Boise area.
- Barefoot Media Ministries is expanding into new areas. The first is an events ministry. This is separate from events that are developed for the radio station. These are financially self-sustainable events that reflect Barefoot Media Ministries mission and values.
- The next frontier is to develop products in the world of social/mobile/web media. This would be both audio product as well as potentially video/blog/app, based ministry.
Job Structure Overview:
The Station Representative is hired to connect with the local audience and represent the station to the community. Their responsibilities include:
- Hosting a prime on-air shift. This is most likely the morning show, although depending on the experience level; it might start at a different day part. This may also include tracking a show for another BFMM station.
- Building relationships with major donors and managing major donor contacts. This would include asking them for donations under the direction of Barefoot Media Ministries Development Director.
- Making connections with business leaders and increasing underwriting gifts.
- Organizing local promotions that connect listeners and potential listeners with the station.
- Connecting with business leaders.
- Deep love of Jesus
- Outgoing people person
- Passion for media, music, and ministry
- Independent yet a willing collaborator
- Proficient communicator
- Radio experience is preferred
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to connect with a variety of people from different walks of life
- Computer proficient and able to learn new software easily