Impact Partner Coordinator
Barefoot Media Ministries Overview:
Barefoot Media Ministries is an aggressive outreach focused on the creative use of media to move people to experience God living inside them, stirring in them His passion to change the world.
Barefoot Media Ministries started 25 years ago as KTSY radio in Caldwell, Idaho. From its inception it has been focused on serving a local area (rather than a network approach) and investing in the community. With this strategy, KTSY has become the #2 radio station among women 25-54 in the Treasure Valley launched 88.1 The Bridge in Twin Falls, expanded these two primary signals to McCall, Sun Valley, Idaho Falls, and Baker City, Oregon. It has won GMA Dove awards as well as the industry Echo Award for Medium Market Station of the Year.
Not content with these past successes, Barefoot Media Ministries has its eyes set on the top spot in the radio landscape within its primary markets. This passion comes from a passion to see people experiencing God and them changing the world:
I have been listening to KTSY for years and I love the station. I have been in an abusive marriage for a long time. I’ve been dealing with it the best I can. A few months ago, my worst fear came true. My kids showed up at my work. My son was in tears. Apparently their dad turned his anger towards the kids. The kids and I left immediately. It’s been a struggle every day to help get through all of the trauma and to try to be a single parent, but God is working through KTSY every day to help us get through this. He is giving us strength and hope through the songs on KTSY. Yesterday my teenager daughter heard a song come on KTSY and immediately became happy. She said I love this song. I love to see her light up from hearing KTSY songs.
Barefoot Media Ministries’ vision for the future is to become a cutting-edge, multi-platform media ministry that changes people’s lives from being inward-focused to serving others through a connection with God. To accomplish this vision, Barefoot Media Ministries is currently involved in a capital campaign to dream and build the future – including a new broadcast center that will serve not only radio, but mobile/social media, video production, host local events, and be a media training center for churches and ministries.
Barefoot Media Ministries is owned by the Idaho Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and its operating funds are provided by its listenership and business partners.
The Barefoot Media Ministries Business Manager is responsible for overseeing the business operation of Barefoot Media Minsitries, incluidng business processes, financial processes, and management of cash flow, financial reporting, and business strategies. This part time position (15-25 hours) is both an implenetation of existing processes and the visioning of how to lead Barefoot Media Ministries into a top performing minsitry that sets standards for ministries as well as traditional businesses. They are to help lead the President in this vision.
The Business Manager reports directly to the President of Barefoot Media Ministries. This position has the potential to move into a director level position.
- Oversee all financial systems, including accounts payable, accounts receivables, deposits, reporting, forcasting and accounting.
- Oversee cash flow and assist in making financial decisions
- Oversee expendatures and look for cost cutting methods
- Provide monthly financial and budget reports to staff, president, board chairman, and board.
- Meet regularly with the President of Barefoot Media Ministries to review financial status and business health
- As Barefoot Media Ministries grows, lead out in making sure financial and best practices are followed.
- Oversee the annual audit process.
This position requires someone who is primarily a high detail person who can work within a team environment.
Specific Qualifications Required:
- A personal experience with Jesus Christ
- A strong commitment to Barefoot Media Ministries’ mission
- An MBA or CPA is Preferred. Two years in an applicable position is recommended.
- A deep love the busienss end of ministry and the ability to see business practices as integral to the completion of mission.
- Superior command of the English language
- Ability to work within a team, respect authority, and deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- The ability to strategize and implement a plan to develop new business relationships, follow up with those relationships, and help find win-win solutions.
- A high focus on detail and structure
- A self-starter who is willing to take direction and instruction
- A safe driver with a valid driver’s license
This is a part-time hourly position and does not come with benefits.
To apply for the Business Director position, please send cover letter and resume to Brian Yeager – email@example.com